Sunday, January 28, 2018

World Literature (10th Lit) January 28, 2018

Remember that Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday are Access testing. In class, we will work on our Embedded Assessment Cultural Identity papers for the beginning of the week and then continue with Unit 1 after that. We will not have a separate Vocab unit for the week because of Access testing.

Sample quotes for Embedded Assessment Hook



A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.                Marcus Garvey 

Culture is the intersection of people and life itself. It's how we deal with life, love, death, birth, disappointment... all of that is expressed in culture.         Wendell Pierce 

When you learn something from people, or from a culture, you accept it as a gift, and it is your lifelong commitment to preserve it and build on it.             Yo-Yo Ma 

I have never denied my background or my culture. I have taught my child to embrace her Mexican heritage, to love my first language, Spanish, to learn about Mexican history, music, folk art, food, and even the Mexican candy I grew up with.         Salma Hayek 

No comments:

Post a Comment